29 Apr Mobile Friendly Websites and Google
As of April 21st, Google launched an update to its algorithm that could have significant impacts on businesses worldwide. The changes are designed to improve user experience and also reward companies and organizations that adopt mobile best practices. The changes that are considered some of the biggest changes the search giant has introduced in years also signal an opportunity for small business to make a swift shift to mobile ready responsive sites. While some bigger companies may struggle to adopt all the necessary changes, small business with quick thinking, should be able to take advantage of the opportunity to get mobile ready and strategize around the platform.
Five things you need to know…
- Mobile search results only. Desktop will not be affected.
- All companies should give their site a “mobile friendly test”.
- Mobile isn’t going anywhere, its growing and the #1 opportunity to boost sales.
- The update has happened already, but it’s not too late to take action.
- Now is the time to build a mobile strategy and hire a pro if you need one.